Friday, June 21, 2013

Talk About It!!

Some people are natural-born talkers, and  they find it easy to expound on just about any topic of conversation.  Then there are the quiet types to whom everything is personal and private.  The one thing that both types have in common is the ability to talk about what they love.  Photography, cars, cooking, model airplanes, grandchildren, travel and the list goes on and on.  Get on the right “page”, and talkers and non-talkers alike will effervesce about their passion. It would be the rare person, who, say, after a fabulous vacation, would clam up when asked to tell about it, saying it was a private/personal matter.

OK, you’re in agreement with me so far, right?  So, why is it that many Christians, who claim to love God, refrain from sharing about Him, saying it is a personal and private matter.  Thank God Jesus didn’t feel that way, we’d be in bad shape!  I think the biggest reason is that their relationship with him is shallow and superficial.  I, for example, wouldn’t feel comfortable discussing nuclear physics, because I don’t know anything about it, but don’t get me started on my grand kids!  God created us to spread his word, and demonstrate his love to an ungodly world. If you have it, and are hiding it in your spiritual safe deposit box, why? The only reason I can come up with is a lack of passion.

 As I said previously, it’s impossible to keep silent about what you love, and are passionate about.  Maybe you’re unfamiliar with scripture, then find a study group.  Perhaps you have a “hand-me-down” faith, and long to know what a personal relationship with God is. Ask someone to tell you about theirs, believe me, we love to share!  Whatever you do, don’t justify your lack of talking with the old “private and personal” excuse…that’s no excuse at all!  God expects us to get the word out, and my prayer for all of you is that He, and his word, will become your passion!   “Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.” 2 Timothy 4:2.



No comments:

Post a Comment