Monday, September 9, 2013

Enjoy the Small Stuff

“To my mind the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar that it is taken for granted.”  Bill Bryson.  I can really relate to this quote from author Bill Bryson, because whenever we travel, near or far, I love taking in the small, bits and bobs of everyday life. A pair of boots on a door step, children at play, an old woman sunbathing, rusty old cars and so the list goes on and on.  I consider nothing mundane or boring, and I hope I never lose that precious zeal for life.

 In the same way, I joyfully anticipate each new travel day with God.  What will he reveal to me this morning from His word?  Is there someone on my path today who needs encouragement or prayer?  How will He use me or inspire me to accomplish his kingdom work?  Just as nothing on my worldly journeys is so familiar that I merely yawn and pass it by, so too I can’t wait for what treasures God has planted along my spiritual trek.

So, how is your journey going?  Do you find yourself just going through the motions, or are your eyes, ears, heart and mind open and eager to see what each new day will bring?  What an excellent adventure God has prepared for those who love and long to follow him….don’t miss out on one tiny detail of it! Nothing is mundane on this trip!!! “The LORD'S loving kindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."… Lamentations 3:23-24.


Please note that I will be leaving on a 3 week trip to Europe tomorrow Sept. 10-Oct.2....stay tuned for my traveling blog and pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment