Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Imagine


If you ever have the opportunity to visit New York city, be sure to take a tour of Central Park.  Within this beautiful green space you‘ll find castles, fountains, a lovely lake and the Imagine Memorial to John Lennon. John lived, and was murdered, just across the road in the famous Dakota building. I loved the Beatles, and at that time, cared very little about their politics or religious beliefs.  John was the most outspoken member, especially after he and Yoko Ono got together. His personal credo can be found in the words of his song, Imagine.  It is a beautiful ballad that makes us all contemplate how wonderful the world would be without hatred, war or God.  As I said, religion and a relationship with God was not to be found in my thinking, so I, in full agreement, sang along.  John even went as far as to declare that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ.  Adults, including my parents, were appalled, I thought it was true.  Thank God someone was praying for me to find the truth, and I did.  While I still love to listen to the old Beatle’s albums, including Imagine, I now sing a far different tune one whose lyrics express the fullness of life in Him. The apostle Paul, not McCartney, puts it this way,  “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or IMAGINE, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:21...Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment