Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Preach the Word


My son and daughter-in-law know that I love photography, so for Christmas they gave me a subscription to Popular Photography magazine.  I Love It!!  I also enjoy going on photo websites, viewing and commenting on other photographer’s work, and discussing my passion with fellow enthusiasts.  I’m not interested in fishing, NASCAR or bowling, and don’t hold any opinion on those who do pursue these hobbies.  My question is, why do people who claim to be agnostic or atheists, love to bash Christians?  They visit websites, or Christian gatherings just to criticize or belittle. Surely they have their own venues, wouldn‘t that be more effective?  Why would anyone want to spend valuable time demeaning what they have no interest in.  You won’t find me at a NASCAR race calling them names, or slandering fisherman on their websites!   Could it be that these folks have a desire to know more about God, but don’t want to admit it.  I, for one, see these “intrusions” as positive, and an occasion to share my faith. Just as I adore talking about photography, even with those who show no interest, my hope is that my enthusiasm for Christ will make them eager to find out more.  If you are ever confronted by a belligerent non-Christian, count it as an opportunity, but be prepared!  “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.” 2 Timothy 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment