Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Remember

IN REMEMBRANCE: 9/11/01 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: "'Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Revelation 18:19  St. John envisioned the burning of Babylon, but sadly it is so like the attacks on NYC.  Each of us has a personal memory of  9/11, but one common thread was the day itself.  That September morning was glorious.  Cloudless blue skies, perfect temperatures, and the promise of an unforgettable day.  That it was.  I was in prayer when my daughter called with the news.  How could this be happening in the USA, I thought.  The horrible truth is we, as a nation, had told God for years to butt out of our affairs, and  being a gentleman, he complied.  Our hedge of protection was gone, and the rest is history. But the future doesn’t need to be bleak, if we as His people, humble ourselves and ask Him to guide us again. “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14. God BLESS America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment