Friday, March 2, 2012

Testimony


“The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.” John 19:35.  The man in this verse had just witnessed Christ’s death on the cross, and it made a lasting impression, one he wanted to share with the world.  Do you have a testimony, of your own personal encounter with Christ?  Like the person in scripture, it must have been a life-changing moment.  For me, it occurred  after months of having someone, teach me the Bible.  It had become relevant, and contemporary, not ancient and stodgy.  I reached a point where Jesus asked me who I thought he was.  I had become convinced, that His was the truth I had been seeking, and Jesus was who he said he was!  So I, like Peter, in response to Christ’s same inquiry to him, replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” He is asking you too, “Who do YOU say that I am?“ If your answer is the same as Peter‘s, this is where your testimony begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment