Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Call You Friend


I never had a brother, just two sisters, but I know that we three, on occasion,  could fight like the proverbial cats and dogs!  No matter how close you are to a sibling, a friend or a parent, there will come a time when you let each other down.  Our humanness always gets in the way of a perfect relationship, even if the hurt in unintentional.  “…But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24.  God sent the ideal friend in the form of Jesus. Every perfect-friend quality, that we couldn’t muster, God manifested in him. Through his example, we can begin to forge lasting, earthly relationships.  Does that mean we won’t mess up?  I doubt it, but that’s what learning to be a good, true pal is all about.  Lucky for us, Jesus will never “de-friend” us. “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:15

No comments:

Post a Comment