Monday, July 30, 2012

The Same


While having lunch with a friend the other day, I commented on how many calories, and nutrients were listed on her yogurt container.  I didn’t know what flavor or brand it was, because that was not in my line of vision, but she could.  Where am I going with this you may well ask, I’ll tell you.  During the years that Jesus walked this earth, he personally, never wrote anything down, at least not anything that was published.  His life, and how he lived it, was his gospel.  Now, let’s say you were a witness to one of Jesus’  teaching sessions.  Depending on where you were standing, how well you could hear/see, and the condition of your heart, his words would impact you individually.  One person could see his face, another his body language, and yet another his interaction with the crowd, all this in addition to his actual words.  It was all the same Jesus, but their individual perception of him depended on their vantage point.  Did you ever wonder why the gospel writers varied a little bit, from story to story?  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were all with the same Jesus, but depending on where they were “standing” that day, it affected them and their comprehension of the event.  Just like that cup of yogurt, that my friend and I saw from our own views, we could still agree that is was indeed a cup of yogurt, and she could fill me in on what I couldn‘t see and vice versa .  Jesus draws us all to him individually, from where we are standing, but he is, and always will, be the same Jesus. What wonderful news, that and no matter how you look at him, “Jesus Christ  is the same, yesterday, today and forever”.  Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment