Thursday, April 11, 2013

Free


When I was a kid, my sisters and I happened to pass by a store that was giving stuff away, FREE!! Sure, the items weren’t in the best condition, since there had been a fire in the building, but did I mention it was all FREE???  We eagerly filled our damp paper bags with anything that looked salvageable, lugging the smoky-smelling treasures home. My mother disagreed on their value, as I recall.  We couldn’t wait to tell all our friends about the Free Store.  Sadly for all of them, the shop locked its doors soon thereafter.  To this day, my family still reminisces about that wonderful day!  Which leads me to another wonderful, Free day, the day I accepted Christ.  I’d passed by the “Jesus Store” all my life, never really taking the time to actually go in the store, or even notice the sign that said everything was FREE. Luckily for me, someone who had gone in, and had come out with all kinds of amazing things, told me about it.  Yeah, I was skeptical, at first, but when I saw all that great stuff in person, I knew I had to overcome my doubts and venture in.  No one can make you accept the free gift He offers, it is for each of us a very personal choice.  I’m so grateful to that person who told me about Jesus, and that’s why I’m telling all the world that His Free Store is open for business, but it won‘t be forever.  Without his gift of salvation, we are all destined to receive what we deserve; death and separation from God for eternity. If you haven’t acted on that life-changing offer yet, why not?  And if you have, do everything you can to spread the good news!!  “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

No comments:

Post a Comment