Tuesday, June 12, 2012

100% Sure


100% chance of rain, that’s what the weather report was calling for recently.  I don’t claim to be a meteorologist, but couldn’t they just say, “It’s going to rain, no doubt about it!”? That simple sentence got me thinking about how we humans love to rate things.  Contestants on “Dancing With the Stars” receive scores based on performance; I love to get  5star ratings on my photos; and Drs give patients cure percentages when they deliver a diagnosis. That led me to wonder how we would rate the truth of scripture, and in turn, our belief in God.  In a Gallup poll taken in May 2011, more than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question. God’s popularity suffered a bit, down to 80%, when they added the options of ; Universal Spirit 12%; Don’t Believe in Either 6%; Other 1%; and No Opinion 1%.  As a Christian, there can be nothing less than 100% belief.  You can’t be a small percentage Christian any more than you can be a little bit pregnant.  You are, or you aren’t!   It’s not a pick and chose what you like, and ignore the rest deal. To treat God, and his word as if it where a gigantic, ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT buffet that you pick at, is an abomination. We either accept the fact that God is the Creator, and the Bible is true, or we don’t. I am always learning more about my faith, but  I’m 100% convinced that becoming a Christian was the best decision I’ve ever made…no doubt about it!! “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.” Romans 8:38.  Are you 100% convinced?


No comments:

Post a Comment