Saturday, June 30, 2012

Contentment


God gave us a wide spectrum of emotions…feelings for every occasion. Anger to joy, sorrow to mirth. They are a meter, of sorts, that range from positive to negative.  Contentment  falls smack in the middle...like being in neutral.  A friend shared with me that he feels “ticked off” 30% of the time.  After a quick calculation, factoring out 1/3 of the time for sleeping, that left almost ½ his day in a negative mode.  What a waste of time, his and God’s. While we can’t be as happy as this gal all the time, try shifting into contentment when negativity tries to take the wheel! ….“for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” Phil.4:10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment