Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stopping


People often ask me what the best part about running is. Is it the endorphin release, the health benefits or just the quiet time alone with God?  Yes to all of those, but if you want to know the very best thing it’s the elation I feel when I STOP!!   Every runner will tell you that the physical activity is wonderful, but finishing is sublime. The Apostle Paul understood this feeling. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” 2 Tim 4:7-8. He was willing to “run” the race everyday, no matter how weary he was, and to keep true to God, but he also was looking forward to the day he could stop, and be with God eternally.  Life can feel like a “rat race”, as my Mom likes to say, but run we must.  So keep your eye on the finish line, the stopping point, and one day we will be resting our weary dogs in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment