Monday, February 13, 2012

Giving


“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38.  Be honest, don’t  people who give all the time, make you mad?  OK, maybe jealous is the correct term.  They give of their time, money, talents you name it, and to make it worse, they seem to enjoy doing it!!  Don’t get me wrong, I like to do my part in the giving department, trouble is it doesn’t come naturally.  There is always a time of excuse making, and procrastination before I kick into action.  When I get started giving, it feels great, and if that were the only reward, it would be worth it.  But then God follows through on his promise, pouring more into my lap.  That’s not why I do it, and I don’t think natural givers even give the fringe benefits a thought.  God, like any good parent, wanting to encourage his kid’s  positive actions, gives back to us more than we could ever give.  That’s a win-win situation…kind of like buy one, get endless amounts free!!  Don’t pass this deal up!

No comments:

Post a Comment