Monday, February 27, 2012

A Reason for Seasons


“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1.  I don’t mind yard work, and I can say that, because my husband does it all! Although he’s not a winter fan, I’m sure he appreciates the respite the season brings. There have been times, in my spiritual life, when I’ve been busy teaching, mentoring, praying, really feeling useful to the kingdom.  Then there are those “seasons” when I feel dormant, or unemployed like these garden tools.  Does that mean I’m lazy, out of touch, or worse yet, that God doesn’t need me?  The enemy would like me to continue thinking  that way, but it’s just not true. Whatever the reason, no matter how useless I might feel, “spring” is coming, and he’ll be putting that rake and hoe back in my hands.  While I might think a period of inactivity is unproductive, God never sees it that way.  Fields lay fallow to build up nutrients, and moisture for the next crop.  Athletes rest, and train for the next season. In my life, too, changes are taking place, changes that will benefit me, and those I come in contact with later.  We may not be privy to God’s plan, on a daily basis, but later on,  as the fruit develops, we‘ll see how important the rest was.  As wise King Solomon assures us, there is a reason, for every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment