Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mona Lisa


The Mona Lisa is an iconic work of art.  It’s hard to imagine anyone not being familiar with her enigmatic smile.  While visiting the Louvre, it was one of the pieces I really wanted to see.  Of course a few other folks had the same idea.  When we reached the room, I was surprised to see how small it was.  After viewing images of her, my whole life, I assumed she would be much larger, and certainly much grander. As I stood in that throng, trying to snap a picture, it occurred to me that I had done just the opposite with God.  For many years I took Him, his creation, word and certainly His plan of salvation, for granted.  I made God very small in my eyes.  What could he offer to me that the world hadn’t already supplied?  It took time, but He lovingly showed me what I was missing.  Now I stand in awe of all that He is.  “Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. To him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:3-4.  Open your eyes and really see the Masterpiece he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment