Friday, February 10, 2012

Thunder


“God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.” Job 37:5. I’ve never been afraid of storms, even now I love hearing thunder, and seeing the sky ablaze with lightening. My dad always said that it was the sound of the angels bowling.  Made sense to me!  A meteorologist will tell you that it is the meeting of warm and cold fronts.  The bowling scene was much more fun to imagine. The point I’m trying to make is, that warm and cold fronts are always bumping into each other, spiritually speaking.  I think God sets these confrontations up so that we, if we’re truly listening, can hear His voice, comforting, guiding and protecting us through.  He is beyond my understanding, and I’m OK with that…after all who would want a God you could figure out completely.  It’s so much more reassuring to know He’s supernaturally got me covered! That’s like rolling a 300 every game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment