Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Face Like Flint


“Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.” Isaiah 50:7.  In this Botox generation, faces set like flint are fairly common, but it’s not quite the same.  What the prophet Isaiah was trying to affirm was, that despite trials of any sort, he, with God’s help, was prepared to face them head on. Take my word for it, he encountered all kinds of  face-crumbling situations, many from his own people!  That kind of intestinal fortitude can only come from a supernatural source, and it’s still available to all who seek it.  God will never force himself upon his people, but he does leave examples for us to learn from. It is always our choice, even Isaiah’s  decision to set his face like flint, was his own, trusting that God would not forsake him.  He didn't then, and He won’t now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment