Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Run to Win


“... But this one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what
lies ahead, ... This is what I do: I don't look back, I lengthen my stride, and I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14.  Some people love to live in the past.  Maybe they were outstanding athletes in school,  beauty contest winners or excelled in academics.  Perhaps, on the flip side, there are those who love to relive olds betrayals, constantly recalling how they were wronged by a friend or family member.  Both groups wear these memories as though they were medals of honor for the world to see.  My advice to these folks, GET OVER IT, and move on. The Apostle Paul had good reason to live in the past, after all he was somebody, a high and mighty Pharisee, but he didn’t.  If you’ve ever run in a race, you quickly learn that looking back will only result in a stumble, a fall or worst of all, losing the race.  Eternal life is our goal/prize, and it is ever before us…it’s the Emerald City on the horizon…the golden loving cup overflowing with joy, and the sense of accomplishment that awaits us at the end of our well-run race…Keep plugging and Don’t look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment