Thursday, August 30, 2012

Disappointment Free


The other day at work, while foraging through the cabinets for a piece of chocolate, I came upon, what I thought was, the mother lode.  Up on the highest self, tucked to the side, behind some soup cans, was a shiny, red foil, heart-shaped Fannie May candy box.  I now know how the archeologist must have felt  when unearthing King Tut’s tomb. The anticipation of biting into one of those delightful confections had my salivary glands kicking into high gear.  Alas, when on tip-toes I retrieved the treasure from its hiding place, my heart and glands sunk…the box was empty. Inside, instead of luscious bon bons were 6 crimped brown papers, to which the faint fragrance of chocolate still clung.  I had been longing for fulfillment, and a mere sniff was sadly disappointing.  God knows the needs of our heart, and is acutely aware that only the substance He offers, will sate us. But yet, on we go rifling through empty wrappers, hoping to find even a tiny morsel.  Take it from one who has been on that quest, it’s only when we place our hope, trust and lives in God that  we will ever fill that “sweet tooth” longing of our hearts.  Keep looking, if you aren’t convinced, but I have found what I had been desiring in Him. “And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.” Romans 5:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment