Thursday, August 23, 2012

Losing My Mind


There are days when I feel like I’m losing my marbles.  Mundane aggravations at work, with fiends, family or health make for a disjointed mind.  I’ll be honest, there are times I try to gather up those tiny glass balls on my own instead of calling Christ in for a consult.  Sound familiar? Actually, Jesus doesn’t want to be a number on our emergency, 911-call list, he wants  to hard-wire himself into our frail human minds. What an “app“ that would be!  Someone cuts me off in traffic, no problem, the app is enabled, and I glide though, unruffled.  My husband speaks some words that are, shall I say, less than encouraging, whammo, the indwelling Christ-mind is engaged, and I speak kind, wise words back to him, rather than what my mind had planned.  Is this possible?  Where can I get this power? At the risk of sounding like an infomercial, yes friends you too can lose your mind and gain his, and it won‘t cost you $19.95 plus shipping and handling.  One of the wonderful “perks“ of being a Christian, is the power of  thinking his thoughts, and allowing him to direct my actions. It’s like turning over the wheel to Jesus.  Remember the old bumper sticker that said, “God is My Co-pilot“? If that‘s the case, you‘re in the wrong seat!  There will always be those who will say that I‘m a fool, and have lost my mind.  My response is, yes I have! “I’m a fool for Christ, who’s fool are you?”  Losing my mind to Christ has been the best decision I’ve ever made.  Don’t be afraid, what have you got to lose but “your” mind!  “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5

No comments:

Post a Comment