Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ablaze for His Glory


I love autumn, maybe because I’m an October baby, but mainly I believe it’s the riotous colors splashed on trees, and vegetation alike.  Crimson red, ochre, yellows, even brown is vibrant and flashy.  It seems to be God’s way of preparing us for the long, dark, colorless days of winter that lie ahead.  How curious it is, that at the very end of their lives, leaves are at their most beautiful.  Will you be able to same the same about your life?  I think that most people feel that, as we age, it’s time to hand over our responsibilities to the younger generation.  While some of that is true, I don’t plan on selling real estate forever, that doesn’t apply to the work God has planned for us.  Our desire to serve Him, by using all the talents he has blessed us with, should never die.  In fact, like those leaves, it should intensify.  I read this quote by Erma Bombeck recently; “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say: ’I used everything You gave me.’ “  We all have our “seasons“, beginning with the dreamy pastels of  our spring/youth,  to the fiery tones of fall/old age.  Let’s be all that God created us to be, and like those leaves, depart this world in a blaze of glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment