Thursday, October 11, 2012

Macro Glass




I love taking macro shots, extreme close-ups of anything.  Photographers agree that lighting, aperture, and a steady hand are essential, but what really counts is the lens.  Professionals refer to the lens as the “glass”, and they know, to capture truly amazing detail, one must use the best glass available.

The glass I have is OK, but it doesn't achieve the breathtaking accuracy that the $1000+ ones do.  It frustrates me when the image I’m attempting to capture, looks so clear through the view finder, but on the computer it appears blurry.  Maybe I moved, or the sunlight was too strong, but I know it all boils down to the lens.

Sure, I’m lucky enough sometimes to get a great shot, but I’m greedy and want it all the time!  Do you ever feel that way about your knowledge of God?  I do.  Similar to my lens frustration, I think I’m seeing and understanding Him clearly, when in actuality the image is of out of perfect focus.  I pray about this often, as I‘m sure many of you do too.  Paul, in his famous “Love“ chapter, reminds us that no matter how many Godly things we do, without using God’s perfect lens of love, to bring Him into focus, He will always be a tad fuzzy. The complete reality of His love for us, that awesome shot, will only be fully realized when we meet him face to face. That doesn‘t mean we should give up trying for that perfect capture, just remember the human eye has not seen all that god has prepared for us, YET! “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12.

No comments:

Post a Comment